‘Shorncliffe Camp was a training camp for the CEF situated near Folkestone, England. After the departure of the 1st Division to France in early 1915, Shorncliffe Camp became the home base for the remaining Canadian troops in England, the newly arrived 2nd Division under the command of Major-General S.B. Steele and the Canadian Training Division under the command of Brigadier-General J.C. MacDougall. The Canadian Reserve Cavalry Regiment responsible for the training of cavalry reinforcements was also based at Shorncliffe until 1918. At the end of the war troops were assembled at Shorncliffe prior to their return to Canada and demobilization.’
The Shorncliffe Trust is regularly sought after on a consultancy basis and have many projects they have assisted on.
The Kingdom of Jordan Tourism Board
Sandgate Parish Council Sir John Moore Information Boards.
The Belgian Tourist Board.
To hire us as consultants or for enquiries about hiring historical interpreters in the first instance contact: